Auto headlights never turn off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NotoriousJOE

Reaction score
I'm not sure if they're related, but I put HIDs in my 2008 limited a couple of months ago. As of a few weeks ago my auto lamps are always on while the vehicle is on, even in broad daylight unless I turn the lights off manually. Could the sensor be faulty? Also where is the sensor in case for some reason it's covered? Thanks for the help

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like a bad sensor. They are pretty cheap from what I remember reading. It is the little dome thing in the center of the dashboard. It could be just a disconnected wire or the sensor itself could be bad. If I remember correctly they come out from the top and just plug into the harness.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sensor is in the middle of your dash. If you drive around with papers all over your dash like me it will false. It’s a little plastic piece that sticks out.

OP
OP
NotoriousJOE

NotoriousJOE

Reaction score
I see where the sensor is but I don't keep anything on my dash. Any idea what the part # is and where i can get it if the sensor is bad?

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Much appreciated, thank you..would you happen to know if it's a pain to replace?

You can also check this thread for more info:

http://www.expeditionforum.com/posts/250944/

You just pry it up. Here is a picture from @Habbibie, just put a screw driver in the slot and pry up.

image-jpg.18692