Auto-lock and master window controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

logoster

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

my family's main vehicle (in signature) has a few problems (which are more just annoying problems then anything else) and was wondering if you guys might have some idea on how to fix them

first problem is that the vehicles auto-lock at 5MPH doesn't seem to be activating (the door ajar light also likes to stay on, could that be what's causing it to not auto-lock?)

the second problem is that the master window controls seem to refuse to control the rear passenger window on the drivers side

any help will be appreciated

OP
OP
L

logoster

Reaction score
it is programmed to auto-lock at 5MPH, i know that for sure, although looking in the owners manual it seems that it's because of the door ajar light on the dash being on, guess it's time to go wd40 the latches

so now the only problem is the master window controls not working with some windows

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you may have a bad door ajar switch to check this you would need to remove the door panel then disconnect the switch connector and place a jumper on the connector if your light goes out then replace the switch

as for the window switch use electronic spray cleaner from the inside of the switch
or replace the switch to test if the switch you could jumper the switch and you would need the wiring diagram for that

let me know if you need the diagrams