Auto windows - Up AND Down. How??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

monsta

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One of the coolest features of my car isthat all windows are auto up and down.

How would I accomplish that on my 03 Expy?

OP
OP
M

monsta

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is pretty impressive. I can't get past the strange roofline just yet...

That was not really the answer I was looking for, though. Too expensive of a mod! :)

G

I have that feature on my 03 Jetta, and I love it, I wish my expy had the features the VW has. I can stick the key in the driver door and turn it and it will either roll all windows and sunroof up or let them down. That would be awsome on the expy.:nopity:

DAMN_FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Newer Nissan Maximas have that feature too. It's cool. If Ford came up with that, they would probably get sued for cutting a dogs head off or something.

That stuff is all controlled by a computer. It seems like it would be tough to figure out a mod for auto up.

Anyway, man, If that Armada was out a year ago, I wouldn't be driving a Ford right now.

It does have goofy lines though. I may need to get a black one then.

Davemolina

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, most after market alarms (Alpine, Viper etc) can be programmed to do this. Of course it involves extra hardware (relays, interface). You should check with an auto alarm installer to see if it can be done.

G

On my Jetta it has pinch sensors. If something is in the way when the window is closing, as soon as it touches the object it will stop and roll back down.

G

I'm glad you like your VW. My wife has a Beetle that has been nothing but trouble. The radio sounds like a transitor set from the sixties. The front door power switches are ready to fall off any day now, and I spent $1500 this summer when the cooling fan disintegrated and cut into the A/C condenser coil....

It amazes me how a few people seem to be so overwhelmed by the new Nissan truck. OK, so it's new - it's also been beat with an ugly stick. Why do they think it must look bizarre and out of proportions just to appear "rugged"? Good looks and a sturdy truck are not mutually exclusive.

G

Originally posted by Unregistered
I'm glad you like your VW. My wife has a Beetle that has been nothing but trouble. The radio sounds like a transitor set from the sixties. The front door power switches are ready to fall off any day now, and I spent $1500 this summer when the cooling fan disintegrated and cut into the A/C condenser coil....

It amazes me how a few people seem to be so overwhelmed by the new Nissan truck. OK, so it's new - it's also been beat with an ugly stick. Why do they think it must look bizarre and out of proportions just to appear "rugged"? Good looks and a sturdy truck are not mutually exclusive.
It must be something with the beetles, a friend of mine had one and it was nothing but trouble, my Jetta has had 0 issues.