Driver window auto-up stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a brand new 2023 SPP. Picked it up in April.

Yesterday the driver's window auto up feature stopped working. It will auto-down but not up.
Passenger side works fine.

What could case this? Is there a fix I can do like some sort of reset.

Or does this need to go to the dealer for parts? (warranty) I hate to go to the dealer as they always seem to want the car a full day or more even for tiny things.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Yesterday the driver's window auto up feature stopped working. It will auto-down but not up.

Or does this need to go to the dealer for parts? (warranty) I hate to go to the dealer as they always seem to want the car a full day or more even for tiny things.

Did you read the “Opening and Closing the Windows - “Reseting One-Touch Close” section of your vehicle owner’s manual?

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Agreed with @99WhiteC5Coupe . I recently had auto up and auto down stop working on driver window only. I tried an abbreviated version - held switch up until it closed fully and held switch there for a few seconds, then ran it all the way down and held it again for a few seconds, then tested auto down and auto up. Worked fine after I did that.

OP
OP
A

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agreed with @99WhiteC5Coupe . I recently had auto up and auto down stop working on driver window only. I tried an abbreviated version - held switch up until it closed fully and held switch there for a few seconds, then ran it all the way down and held it again for a few seconds, then tested auto down and auto up. Worked fine after I did that.

Thanks a bunch folks. The reset process worked perfectly.

Thanks.

ElectrifyCLT

Reaction score
I noticed when pulling into my driveway, if auto-up is in process when I hit the upslope (very steep) of my driveway the windows stop moving. Not sure what sensor it's tripping but if it happens I have to to the reset procedure to get auto-up/down back.

Now I just roll up the windows when I turn onto my street. Small annoyances...

OP
OP
A

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I noticed when pulling into my driveway, if auto-up is in process when I hit the upslope (very steep) of my driveway the windows stop moving. Not sure what sensor it's tripping but if it happens I have to to the reset procedure to get auto-up/down back.

Now I just roll up the windows when I turn onto my street. Small annoyances...

You may be on to something.

I stopped at my mailbox, window down. The auto engine stop was active so the engine was stopped.

After getting the mail I hit the auto up and took my foot off the brake (thus starting the engine). I wonder if the voltage drop (from using the starter) tricked the window sensor?

Ah well. Now that I have an easy 2-minute fix I am not too worried.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Whenever I pull up to a drive through window at mcdonalds or any drive thru my window rolls down without touching anything. very convenient

bigwilly

Reaction score
I know the OP was able to resolve his issue, but I wanted to add my experience with the same issue for other readers. About a month after taking delivery of my 2023 SPP (Dec 2022 delivery) I started experiencing the same issue. I did the reset a couple of times and it started working just to go back to auto-up not working. Took to the dealer, they did some magic reset procedure, probably exactly what I did, and it worked for 2 hours and then it got worse. It would go up all the way and then immediately all the way down. Took it to the dealer again, and they said that according to Ford, the window motor had to be replaced. I waited for two months for the replacement because of back-orders. When it finally came in, the dealer replaced it and I haven't had the issue again in almost 4 months.