Driver window auto-up stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know the OP was able to resolve his issue, but I wanted to add my experience with the same issue for other readers. About a month after taking delivery of my 2023 SPP (Dec 2022 delivery) I started experiencing the same issue. I did the reset a couple of times and it started working just to go back to auto-up not working. Took to the dealer, they did some magic reset procedure, probably exactly what I did, and it worked for 2 hours and then it got worse. It would go up all the way and then immediately all the way down. Took it to the dealer again, and they said that according to Ford, the window motor had to be replaced. I waited for two months for the replacement because of back-orders. When it finally came in, the dealer replaced it and I haven't had the issue again in almost 4 months.
Another fix, if the symptom comes back, is to lube the guides with proper window guide lubricant. They tend to get dirty and dry and need occasional maintenance. Otherwise the sensors detect resistance and stop or roll back down.

CorvetteGuy88

Reaction score
My one-touch windows forget they are one-touch about every week or so, since the car was new ('22 limited delivered in dec '22). I've gotten in the habit of reprogramming them at this point, but good to know a replacement motor addressed the issue for another member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjohn205