Auto Wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They're annoying as hell when you don't realize you had them

Timing between wipes changes and you get that odd "something feels off" feeling and then you're sitting in the rain counting intervals between wipes and going "wth"

I also can't stand the varying intervals as it speeds up and slows down based on the amount of rain. I am a fan of Rain-x and use it frequently and rarely use the wipers as a result. Makes it much more relaxing on the highway in the rain to not have the additional distraction of the wipers.

David1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can pull the cover off the sensor and unplug it. Snap cover back on and the wipers act like old fashioned intermittent wipers.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can pull the cover off the sensor and unplug it. Snap cover back on and the wipers act like old fashioned intermittent wipers.
Or just, um, change them from rain sensing to manual in the settings menu of the gauge cluster.

Settings
Advanced
Vehicle
Wiper Controls

David1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Or just, um, change them from rain sensing to manual in the settings menu of the gauge cluster.

Settings
Advanced
Vehicle
Wiper Controls

not on a 2010 but hey whatever works. I'm not sure how I got on the 4th gen mailing list, hmmm

Last edited:

Plati

Reaction score
I just tested them in the downpour on NYS Thruway coming back from Vermont after aborted ski trip. I don't like the super hyper turbo speed that much either. Too fast. I think its a plot by Ford to wear out the motors prematurely and generate parts revenue. Besides I don't like my car deciding how fast to run the wipers better than me. Its sort of like the NYS government deciding whats good (or bad) for you. MrTrainmaster will agree with that!