Automatic hi beams not working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just noticed last night driving to the lake through some empty, dark 2 tracks that the auto hi beams weren’t doing anything on my 19 Platinum. Seemed to be a new development as I recall them working before. Manually they worked fine. Any suggestions of things to check?

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just noticed last night driving to the lake through some empty, dark 2 tracks that the auto hi beams weren’t doing anything on my 19 Platinum. Seemed to be a new development as I recall them working before. Manually they worked fine. Any suggestions of things to check?

Other than checking the settings in the gauge cluster to make sure they didn’t get turned off, no. They do only work above 30mph, so maybe that was it? Oh, you might check to make sure the little viewing window on your windshield by where your rear view mirror attached is clean…that’s where the sensor is.

OP
OP
MxRacer965

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Other than checking the settings in the gauge cluster to make sure they didn’t get turned off, no. They do only work above 30mph, so maybe that was it? Oh, you might check to make sure the little viewing window on your windshield by where your rear view mirror attached is clean…that’s where the sensor is.
That explains the 2 track. The road leading up to it was devoid of people as well and is 55. Didn’t seem to work then either. Window is clean as well. Vehicle gets washed frequently as I have one of those unlimited wash plans to the local car wash.

I’ll pay more attention to speed. Also wondering if the reflectors some people had on the side of the road confused the auto hi beam.

skycam

Reaction score
I am having a similar problem and just noticed it because I am not usually in the car at night. The Auto dim is useless. I have it set to auto and it total darkness it takes almost 15 seconds to go to high beams and then a mile marker will take it back to low. Then it may go to high beam again but usually not. I checked to see if he sensiti

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am having a similar problem and just noticed it because I am not usually in the car at night. The Auto dim is useless. I have it set to auto and it total darkness it takes almost 15 seconds to go to high beams and then a mile marker will take it back to low. Then it may go to high beam again but usually not. I checked to see if he sensiti

Sorry that been your experience. I’ve had really good luck with mine over the last three years. It’s fabulous on rural roads at night and actually does a pretty decent job in “town”. I wonder if it’s a sensitivity setting or a sensor issue.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wonder if it is possible to clean the inside of the windshield and the sensor lens. Possibly dust/grime has gotten in there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01