Automatic Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 07 Expedition and I am also looking to switch to power running boards. It looks like all that is needed is the module in the b-pillar and wiring harness for each side then turn the feature on. You might need ForScan. I am willing to trade someone my static running boards for their power ones.
Bring 'em on up to Massachusetts.

wk99

Reaction score
Purchased my 2012 EL Limited brand new and has 178k miles on it. I haven't had any issues with the automatic running boards. I spray it down with WD-40 every so often to keep the joints from ceasing up. I occasionally see people riding around with one or both fully extended and think, dang if they only watch a Youtube video they can fix it by spraying some PB blaster on it..lol. No way would I go to the dealership and let me charge me an arm and leg for a simple fix. Heck, I just recently did my own timing job successfully and it was the first time going into an engine..

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Purchased my 2012 EL Limited brand new and has 178k miles on it. I haven't had any issues with the automatic running boards. I spray it down with WD-40 every so often to keep the joints from ceasing up. I occasionally see people riding around with one or both fully extended and think, dang if they only watch a Youtube video they can fix it by spraying some PB blaster on it..lol. No way would I go to the dealership and let me charge me an arm and leg for a simple fix. Heck, I just recently did my own timing job successfully and it was the first time going into an engine..

I've been using this stuff, it is a really good deep penetrating lubricant (hence the name).

2013Tuxedo

Reaction score
If they are really bad it's a lot more involved than penetrating fluid, mine are currently off and torn down and getting a full lubrication. Currently deciding between doing the self-tapper mod or fitting a grease Zerk.

Huggyb1972

Reaction score
You can buy parts to repair them if they need it. I found a set off a short wheel base limited and put on my Eddie EL. The wiring I have no idea factory wise. You could probably find or build a control for them pretty easy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjohn205