Lower Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gergnamenorg

Reaction score
New member here, so if I've posted in wrong place or missed a post for this my apologies. Just purchased 2017 Limited with OEM fixed running boards. These are about 1" below the rocker panel. I need to find some replacement that is LOWER to the ground. There are some aftermarkets but I've been told they only hang 2.5" below rocker panel which is not enough to warrant the change.

Can someone with OEM power folding running boards please let me know how far down they hang.

thx
g

Jamo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With mine deployed, there's about 6" between the top of the step and the rocker. The step top is about 11" from the ground. Mine is a 2014 EL LTD with stock height. Mine are pretty much fixed as well, never got to them this summer to free them up...

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here are some pics of the power running boards in the down position. I think they are great and provide 3 benefits over the fixed-in-place units.
A) They are lower when extended making it easier for those of a shorter stature to get in the vehicle.
B) In colder climates the closed position keeps them clean and snow / ice free preventing slip and fall situations.
C) The closed position provides better ground clearance and damage avoidance.

The downsides
A) You need to be careful not to park near high curbs as the RB will impact a high curb and get damaged when extending.
B) 2 more mechanical devices to fail / repair.

20230604_140252.jpg

20230604_153343.jpg20230604_140233.jpg

OP
OP
G

gergnamenorg

Reaction score
With mine deployed, there's about 6" between the top of the step and the rocker. The step top is about 11" from the ground. Mine is a 2014 EL LTD with stock height. Mine are pretty much fixed as well, never got to them this summer to free them up...
Thanks for the info. now to find some used (salvaged). they are proud of the $$$. maybe I can sell mine or include in a swap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire