Autonomous Fords being Built

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
VW, Ford team up to make autonomous, electric vehicles

NEW YORK (AP) — Volkswagen will invest $2.6 billion into a Pittsburgh autonomous vehicle company that's mostly owned by Fo...

Read the full story

Sent from AP News. Download now on the App Store or Google Play

Of course, link doesn’t work. I guess a person could download the App to read the “rest of the story.”

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I find it interesting. Most folks can't drive safely or even pay attention to the road. I'd gladly accept auto driving cars, once proven safe over texting manual drivers. I'll be safer on my motorcycle because of it. Now if the government mandates the use rather than consumer choice, I'd be against it.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is qu
I find it interesting. Most folks can't drive safely or even pay attention to the road. I'd gladly accept auto driving cars, once proven safe over texting manual drivers. I'll be safer on my motorcycle because of it. Now if the government mandates the use rather than consumer choice, I'd be against it.

It is quite a Catch 22.

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford has also partnered with a robotics company for a self driving delivery solution. Self driving car drives to location. Biped robot folds out and brings package to door.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Awww great.

A future with more robots. Juuuuuust what we needed. Less jobs, more machines.

Just gonna turn everywhere into more Flints and Detroits. Expect a boom in drug dealing, gangs, petty crime, and prostitution soon.... unless we get a welfare state. THEN, expect skyrocketing alcoholism and the usual associated brawling, vandalism, and domestic violence everywhere instead, Euro-style.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We build Fords DC experimental autonomous facility here last summer. They have been on DC streets since the Fall..............

Title:
Ford Terminal - BP 01 - MEPFP

3390 V Street NE - Washington, D. C., DC 20018-

jeff

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford has to do this. If Ford doesn't do it, they'll be out out of business. Put yourself out of business before someone else does it for you is my thinking on this. Autonomous vehicles are going to revolutionize the auto industry...trucking, mass transit, private transit, insurance, real estate...everything is going to change. People are terrible drivers, so a lot of lives will likely be saved as well. Unfortunately, a lot of people are going to lose their jobs too, and we as a society don't have a good plan for how to deal with that.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nor is there any quarter going to be given to those of us that enjoy driving. Jurisdictions across the country are going to "outlaw" internal combustion engines, sealing the fate for millions.............

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nor is there any quarter going to be given to those of us that enjoy driving. Jurisdictions across the country are going to "outlaw" internal combustion engines, sealing the fate for millions.............
Yes. Unfortunately, they will slowly push us completely off the roads and then we will only be able to drive our old antique dangerous cars on rare occasions to keep them operable.