AUX Fuel Tank/Snorkel Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aces

Full Access Members
Reaction score
52D20EC9-42C8-4C58-BAB7-6DA591ED7F4B.jpeg Can’t help with the aux tank (I’m looking into this too) or snorkel but @adventuredriven is the only one I’ve seen with a sore swing out. But it was a custom cbi bumper so expect to pay a good chunk for it.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm working with an 04 police package Expy XLT 4WD.
I've been looking everywhere, haven't found good answers. I have a bracket to put the spare on the front (police package) grill guard, but I don't like the leverage it has on the mounts. I'm not willing to pay the large costs for the rear swingout carriers I've found. I'm considering putting it on top (with a lock) - it'll be well within the 250 lb top weight limit, and easily accessible when needed. it will be an air drag problem, and thus cost gas.
I can't find a snorkel kit anywhere, I think I will wind up making one.

putting an aux fuel tank in place of the current spare mount is exactly what I intend to do, but good luck finding such a tank. I'm thinking the marine fabricators will be my go to when I'm ready. they make custom tanks for any application.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You’ll need to craft your own snorkel setup.

Whenever I get around to a swing out it will likely be a Detours of Maine 4Runner Ridge Runner Swing Away.
https://detoursofmaine.com/

I’d like a Wilco but they are crazy expensive even used.

Reaction score
Hello Peepz,

Anyone fit an AUX fuel tank in place of the spare?

Also, pictures of a bumper mounted spare? and lastly, anyone fit a Snorkel kit?

Thank you!!!

Dion
i bought an Aux tank and I am looking for someone to do the plumbing for me currently. Also, look at Movebumpers.com for the bumper and swing out. I am doing the dual spare tire option. Also, Safari Snorkels makes one, you may have to modify the air box is all.

OP
OP
Dion Rebello

Dion Rebello

Reaction score
i bought an Aux tank and I am looking for someone to do the plumbing for me currently. Also, look at Movebumpers.com for the bumper and swing out. I am doing the dual spare tire option. Also, Safari Snorkels makes one, you may have to modify the air box is all.

Thanks, can u let me know where u got the AUX tank from?