Aux,sync, phone,Sirius not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Benjamin Mills

Reaction score
Tried resets by removing fuse, battery disconnect. Got the menu options to pop just long enough to do a master reset.
Nothing works. Research indicates bad APIM.
Is the 4" screen set up the same as the 8" in regards to same APIM? Seems APIM us only associated with 8" sync system.

Does an aftermarket stereo exist? Can't find one.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are plenty of aftermarket radios. Question is will they fit. What are you driving? You've given no details and its not in any particular forum to give us a hint. Welcome to the forum! You'll likely find answers for whatever route you end up going. This place is full of knowledge and expertise. I always lean toward aftermarket if it is available to you, features wise they're pretty amazing, even at $4-500.

HavasuMike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Sirius is working but not the phone or Sync (2016 XLT). I took it to the dealer yesterday and they told me I would need a new APIM module for the wonderful price of $1000. I'm not sure if I can get it done somewhere else for a lot less money but i can buy a handsfree unit for $35. Has anyone had any experience with replacing an APIM module?

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My Sirius is working but not the phone or Sync (2016 XLT). I took it to the dealer yesterday and they told me I would need a new APIM module for the wonderful price of $1000. I'm not sure if I can get it done somewhere else for a lot less money but i can buy a handsfree unit for $35. Has anyone had any experience with replacing an APIM module?
Old thread in wrong section To get the most help start a new thread in 3rd Gen section.

This will help you start a new thread
https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/correct-way-to-start-a-thread.47954/