Average MSRP discount for 2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kapios

Reaction score
It looks like there is a lot of inventory of XLT MAX out there (Northeast). Some dealers are posting small discounts on their websites. What kind of discount can be expected? Looking to trade in my old truck this month and get a new vehicle before we head out for a summer road trip. Is getting something more than 5% reasonable before the new 2025 models are released?

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It looks like there is a lot of inventory of XLT MAX out there (Northeast). Some dealers are posting small discounts on their websites. What kind of discount can be expected? Looking to trade in my old truck this month and get a new vehicle before we head out for a summer road trip. Is getting something more than 5% reasonable before the new 2025 models are released?

I got 7.5% off MSRP on my order.

Michael D Morris

Reaction score
I bought my 2019 Exp Max Limited in late September 2019. I was able to negotiate 10% off MSRP, another $3750 off in rebates + TTL. I would have gotten another $2500 off but I took the 0% interest instead. This was about $2000 lower than Plan D. There were 85 other very similar models within 250 miles in Florida and it was later in the model year. Here's what I recommend: Find a dealership with the model, options, and color that you want. Go in and test drive. Tell the salesman that you want a copy of the Smart Vincent report for that specific vehicle. That report will tell you all of the rebates that are available along with pricing for all of the plans. I then sent an email to about 5 dealerships telling then exactly what I wanted, options, color, etc and asked for their best price. All dealers in FL also have a mandatory "dealer Fee" so ask how much that is because you will need to adjust for that to compare offers. I looked at the best offer and told the salesman it was sold if he took another $1000 off and he did. I wound up driving 100 miles to pick up my Expy but I saved a ton of $$.

BigOleFordFan

Reaction score
Yes, NOW is a good time to buy a 24/23 model, cause the dealers MUST make room for the 25's....and getting 5% off is piddly squat on a vehicle like an XLT.....go for 20% for a cash sale, or 15% for a self-arranged financed deal...

Don't be afraid to play hardball, cause it's a buyers market right now, cause the mfgr's are pushing ALOT of backed-up/pandemic excess models out to the dealers atm, as well as the new models too, whether they want them or not ....

Just finalize (as in getting a written, approved offer in your hands) the deal for the new one BEFORE mentioning the trade-in...

And if you are financing it, get that set-up & approved on your own before even stepping 1 foot into the dealership, then compare that to what they say they can get for you & of course take the better of the 2....

THEN & ONLY THEN make a deal for your existing vehicle.... if you don't like what they offer, take it somewhere else & sell it off, or just sell it privately...

We did that on the last new vehicle we bought ('23 Yukon) & saved ourselves about $10k including all rebates, cash back etc...plus they gave us about $4k more for our trade than what we though we would get...

Last edited: