Backup Camera Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87turboii

Reaction score
Every couple of days I will put the car in reverse and I get a Black screen with message that says "Please Check surroundings for Safety"

If I turn the car off and turn it back on again the camera starts working fine.

I researched and found out that it could have something to do with using parking brake but I never use mine so that doesn't seem like my problem.

Any ideas?

20180522_074856.jpg

enskyte

Reaction score
Following. My backup camera has been inconsistent to say the least since I bought it. Most of the time it just doesn't come on. Annoying but not worth deductable to take in.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
OP

87turboii

Reaction score
I read that when its doing it you can hit your parking brake and it usually causes the camera to come back on but that hasn't worked for me. The only way I can get mine back is to turn the car of completely and turn it back on.

Its weird because even though the screen is black if I am backing up and I am too close to something it will start beeping alerting me that i am too close to an object but nothing shows up on screen.

I took it to dealer once and all they did was a master reset. He said next time it does it to bring it in without an appointment so they can look at it.

Savannah Dan

Reaction score
I read that when its doing it you can hit your parking brake and it usually causes the camera to come back on but that hasn't worked for me. The only way I can get mine back is to turn the car of completely and turn it back on.

Its weird because even though the screen is black if I am backing up and I am too close to something it will start beeping alerting me that i am too close to an object but nothing shows up on screen.

I took it to dealer once and all they did was a master reset. He said next time it does it to bring it in without an appointment so they can look at it.
Mine started doing this today. I will check back in if I find anything.

Jon1985

Reaction score
I have the same problem slamming the rear door shut seems to fix it . One day I like to figure out how all the plastic covers on the rear door comes off to look at the connections and wires to the camera .

55F17451-DFF0-4EF1-9580-A00F744873B3.jpeg

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the same problem slamming the rear door shut seems to fix it . One day I like to figure out how all the plastic covers on the rear door comes off to look at the connections and wires to the camera .

View attachment 28807

Unscrew a couple screws under the hatch glass locking mechanism, then pry up with vinyl prybar along the edges.