Bad Battery in 2005 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexEx

Reaction score
New Battery can't get back hatch unlocked..clicking noise in the fuse box area...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Clicking up by passenger footwell? A bad SJB can do some seriously funky stuff. Have you inspected it for any issues yet? They like to get wet and go absolutely haywire. My father in law is on #3.

OP
OP
T

TexEx

Reaction score
Clicking up by passenger footwell? A bad SJB can do some seriously funky stuff. Have you inspected it for any issues yet? They like to get wet and go absolutely haywire. My father in law is on #3.
What is a sjb?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jeff G

Reaction score
I had that same issue. I kept replacing the relay since it was cheap, but it started failing every couple of weeks. I finally bit the bullet and replaced the fuse box. Took the old one apart and the circuit board had burned on the other side where the relay plugs in. It is a known problem with this generation expedition.

Jeff G

Reaction score
I want to say it was around $380.00. Bought it online from a Ford dealer in Nevada. Much cheaper than the local dealer.