Bad U-Joint? Bad vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ARiley23

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am getting a bad vibration from underneath thinking it may be a U-Joint.
When the tires first start to loose traction on the snow there's a bad vibration coming from underneath.
Any help would be great. Thanks!!

OP
OP
ARiley23

ARiley23

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd have to say more in the seat and when I first hit the gas and loose traction on the snow. So at a low speed.

98 Eddie Bauer 5.4

OP
OP
ARiley23

ARiley23

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, only when the tires loose traction.

98 Eddie Bauer 5.4

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
although I don't like to make a guess as an answer I will in this case

Being it doesn't do it on dry payment I think what you are experiencing is when the tires loose traction they are at different speeds and the lose of traction is what is causing the vibration It's like the tires are shuddering and then when they all regain traction then everything is normal.

Hopefully someone else will chime in and either give you a better answer or agree with my guess

Kansas Gary

Reaction score
You didn't say but is your truck "all wheel drive" or can u just have the rears without the front? The reason I ask is on mine it is all wheel drive and it will do that in snow on account of it being "all wheel drive"..........Gary

OP
OP
ARiley23

ARiley23

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It does it in rwd. Never noticed in awd
It is an awd truck but it has the switch to change it. From rwd to awd

98 Eddie Bauer 5.4

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I had a u joint problem, my fault years ago, when I didn't mark both parts of driveshaft before I pulled apart to replace U-joints. My vibration was above 50 mph.