Battery hold down bolt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OneLong4x4

Reaction score
Anyone know what size the battery hold-down bolt is? Diameter & thread pitch. I busted mine off. Penetrating oil and heat will remove the remaining portion. Then I will be sure to use antiseize and/or get a stainless bolt from Fastenal.

Thanks.

B

bedrck46

not sure of the size but most likely metric You could drill it out and re-tap it and get a SS bolt from the hardware store

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
10 MM, fine thread I believe. don't know what count though.

Bolt head size may be 10mm but pretty sure the bolt is not.

I would check mine against my tap and die set. Easy way for me to identify thread count and size but would have to disconnect battery and remove the battery cover to gain access. Then everything resets.. :(

Last edited:

mkc1962

Reaction score
What you need is the following

m6x50

A 10mm wrench fits 6mm bolts. 6mm bolts only come in 1 pitch that being 1.00 (some might call that fine thread) the 50 is the length. In order to make it through the hold down block and have enough thread to bite the lower nut with a worthy distance the 50 is the length. The next avail size is 40 which on mine was not long enough.

Personally recommend stainless steel due to the corrosive nature of the environment, and a dab of nickel antisieze never husrts either.

hope this helps.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire