Battery question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jchamp

Reaction score
I had to have a new battery put in today in my 2021 expedition.
So my question because I honestly can't remember is, is there something that sits around the battery? If so I need to call the dealership back in the morning.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had to have a new battery put in today in my 2021 expedition.
So my question because I honestly can't remember is, is there something that sits around the battery? If so I need to call the dealership back in the morning.

My 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4 came with a battery insulator pad around the battery when I purchased it new.

The online parts websites show your generation has an an insulator around the battery - called a “cover’.

OP
OP
J

Jchamp

Reaction score
That's what I thought. I'll just call them back in the morning. Thank you

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's what I thought. I'll just call them back in the morning. Thank you
I had my battery replaced about a month ago, and like you, they did not install the insulation "wrap" back around the new battery. It just naked now. I honestly dont think its needed anyways? I could be wrong? Maybe the str8 from high school quick lane tech didnt think it was needed to?
If someone on this forum thinks the insulation is needed please let me know and I will also call the quick lane back and get one from them now since they technically stole mine

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The reason they don’t put it back is because it disintegrates upon removal. Mine is flaking badly and I don’t think I can reinstall it when I replace the battery.

Now, is it important?? I think so. It is a heat insulator to protect the battery from under the hood temperature spikes.

BMW2FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree with Soliyou. It is an insulator to help the battery stay warm and also protect it from under hood heat. I bought it from the dealer and it was about $15

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford (and other auto manufacturers) would not install the battery insulator unless it was determined to be necessary by their engineers.

OP
OP
J

Jchamp

Reaction score
I had my battery replaced about a month ago, and like you, they did not install the insulation "wrap" back around the new battery. It just naked now. I honestly dont think its needed anyways? I could be wrong? Maybe the str8 from high school quick lane tech didnt think it was needed to?
If someone on this forum thinks the insulation is needed please let me know and I will also call the quick lane back and get one from them now since they technically stole mine
Talked with the dealership. The guy was super nice. He went back to look and said there wasn't any back there and was told that when they took it off it fell apart. That it was necessary but I could always buy one on my own if I wanted one. Extreme cold Temps he said.