below E! plus new pics.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
gonna keep them 100w halogens, due to the fact they are used as extra high beams quickly turning them on/off is not good for the ballests. so i'll keep them halogen to get instant bright light.

I completely agree with you. Now that it's summer, I'll point mine back up higher as long range lights. I since they are yellow, they worked great as fog lights this winter and made me a much happier man this winter while driving through a huge blizzard last December on my way back home. When I get my roof lights, I'll convert them to HID, but am planning on staying stock with the ones behind the grill :D

OP
OP
alaskanexpy

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
napa series base/clear. i have a gun/compressor.

i tried getting through it by gassing it but once she was high centered there was no-go lol. few good tugs from my f-250 in 4low she finally came out.

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
few good tugs from my f-250 in 4low she finally came out.

Doesn't it suck? Once you are stuck, you are stuck good, even takes a bit with another vehicle that has good traction. . . I bet the Chevy guys are happy they never have that problem. I pulled a bunch out last winter that I only had to give a little gas to get them out

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well thats why we drive fords. if we get stuck well then we get STUCK! chevys get stuck its like really? over a pebble? haha ive seen a few chevy owners in the dunes be like im not going to try that bowl and i show up and im completely sideways going up the bowl and back down. scary as **** when the dune gives out but just turn down and give a little gas and youll be fine. dont ever brake sideways. haha but the only good stuck story i have is with talls and smooth at anderson.

Attachments

• ooops.jpg
    ooops.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 41

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ruts are the enemy lol I pulled one guy out that looked like he was pretty stuck in his 2500, but changed my mind as I went up a side hill through the same stuff to get to the other side and pull him through the rest of it. It's even worse when one of them doesn't know how to drive. Before I had my tow strap. I stopped by to help a guy who was stuck next to the highway with no shovel or anything. He kept saying "Man!! I'm high centered, really stuck! and can't move or anything!" His buddy came without a strap, but another shovel, so we dug out around the tires. After we dug a bit, he was able to idle his way out. After he got out, I told him high centered is when you are stuck and fu#*ed and have lots of digging to do. . . been there before. I think he got pissed after I told him that, then busted through where he was stuck without a sweat

OP
OP
alaskanexpy

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
never had to deal with sand, luckly!

yeah i'm glad i had my excursion or f-250 to pull her out. it was really in there good lol if only i had more speed! haha

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
never had to deal with sand, luckly!

yeah i'm glad i had my excursion or f-250 to pull her out. it was really in there good lol if only i had more speed! haha

Speed is my thought after every time I get stuck. That was my thinking when I had my 2wd, but kind of backfired on me when I hit a drift in the dark and just got super stuck lol

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats why i have 4wd. haha. but i would have got out of that rutt if i had bigger tires and or locker in the rear or front. i know i was high centered cause i resting on my rear diff and front cross member.

OP
OP
alaskanexpy

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
getting a 25" glass pack put on tomorrow along with a new tip. i'll get vids of it tomorrow.

got a few pics of her running down the road on the way to drop it off for the muffler tomorrow.
007-64.jpg
008-57.jpg

i also put insurance back on my explorer. right now the mpg of that little v6 is looking good! haha
010-47.jpg
011-34.jpg

saw this running down the highway today, i've seen it before...but that was in 2008. v10 f-350 dully limo!
003-51.jpg

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hot tub in the back? hah i want to see that thing tow a 5th wheel with a trailer behind that. talk about a road train. haha you should do a before and after exhaust vid. those are always nice.