Updated: FIXED (?) New CALIPER, rotors and pads. Still HOT!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I replaced front brake hoses on my '08 after nothing would solve a spongy pedal. It solved my problem. There has been problems with original hoses on these trucks. They are cheap from Ford. Don 't know if that's your problem, but changing them wouldn't be money wasted.

Just as information, one side fitting was a bit messed up and I had to clean up the threads. Ebay has a set of brake hose taps and dies for a few bucks.

Tr8rNines

Reaction score
These SUVs seem to have a problem with brake hoses imploding. Pretty rare in the industry, but apparently not so much on F150's/Expeditions. I've always replaced or rebuilt both calipers, not one. Fluids a strange thing, it seems to travel the path of least resistance, at least it will challenge your expertise, and drive you nuts, if you try to cheat. Had a friend that had a Datsun pickup way back when. He'd brought to two mechanics for a weird rear drum brake lockup. They couldn't fix it. I told him Rick, I'm going to change both cylinders, rough up new shoes and cut drums. His problem went away. These SUVs have a very sophisticated brake system that can be daunting to get perfect. Do the hoses and both calipers/pads, and go from there. Let us know your progress.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

When I replaced everything, I did it all in one fell swoop so there wouldn't be uneven wear. Happy to say that everything has been going swimmingly!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT