Best 35" Winter Tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What do you guys think is the best winter tire (snow and ice) that is available in a 34-36" size. Terra Grappler, Pro comp, Falken Wildpeak ..ETC I need to find a set, I hate going back to the stock size for winter. I would perfer 18" or 20
" rim size. I have great snow tires right now that I'll sell then buy the new larger ones. Also I want to re-gear so another reason for not wanting stock size. Thanks for input!!

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the regular pro comp ATs... they have a ice and snow rating and a lot of people up here run them in the winter... but if they make them big enough look for general grabber AT2

OP
OP
Canadian Expy

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the regular pro comp ATs... they have a ice and snow rating and a lot of people up here run them in the winter... but if they make them big enough look for general grabber AT2

Thanks ..I thought my question was dumb since No one answered , yeah it;s more the Ice( black ice) I'm concerned with. I really want to plan this right so I have the right comb of summer and winter tires in the right sizes.

OP
OP
Canadian Expy

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looked, don't make 35" with 18" or bigger rim but good looking tire from general

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never had a problem with my xterme ATs on snow and ice... get enough of that stuff here and never had that problem... but i've played with the reg procomp ats and they were awesome in the snow and they have a warranty too... i think

OP
OP
Canadian Expy

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pro comp dosen't sell 35x18 in the AT :bawl:
I didn't think finding a 35x18 would be that hard.
Nitto makes a LT325/60R20 and LT325/65R18 in the Terra Grappler not sure what there like in the winter????
They also make a LT355/60R20 and LT355/65R18 but then they want 10" rim width and that means bigger $$$ for winter tires.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
all terrains are the bees knees in the winter, my michelins kic any snow in the butt, but im sure the nittos are great too

Michelin ltx a/t2's
Nitto terra grapplers
hankoo dynapro atm
bfg A/T
general grabber at2
Falken rockey mountain ats

Last edited:

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Although I am bias towards BFG, I have never had problems with my BFG AT. They are a little more than others, but they hold up great, and are awesome on ice. I had a pair of Cooper ST on my old truck one winter and I was not impressed with them at all. My uncle likes the Nitto terra grapplers he has on his truck too.

OP
OP
Canadian Expy

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Although I am bias towards BFG, I have never had problems with my BFG AT. They are a little more than others, but they hold up great, and are awesome on ice. I had a pair of Cooper ST on my old truck one winter and I was not impressed with them at all. My uncle likes the Nitto terra grapplers he has on his truck too.

I did have 35" BFG on my Bronco and they where not bad.

OP
OP
Canadian Expy

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
all terrains are the bees knees in the winter, my michelins kic any snow in the butt, but im sure the nittos are great too

Michelin ltx a/t2's
Nitto terra grapplers
hankoo dynapro atm
bfg A/T
general grabber at2

Thanks I'll check the others
hankoo dynapro atm
Michelin ltx a/t2's