Better luck this time? 2020 traded for 2021

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

2020ExpyPlatinum

Reaction score
Did your dealer fix this issue? We have the exact issue with our 2021 expedition max and our incompetent dealer said it was within spec and refused to make any adjustments. It bothers me every time I walk by that door. The gap is larger and the door slightly sticks out to where you’d think it was not fully closed. For a vehicle this expensive, it should not look like a drunk person put the door on. Attached photos from both sides and the difference in alignment is pretty noticeable.
This was my complaint about our brand new one I drove off the lot. Its going to the body shop on Friday, I will let you know what they say. I told the ford customer service rep I thought maybe someone wasn't feeling well at the Kentucky assembly line or it was built on a Friday right before someone was set to punch out.

Attachments

• 20220110_153301.jpg
    20220110_153301.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 20220110_153318.jpg
    20220110_153318.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 20220110_153327.jpg
    20220110_153327.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 35

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did your dealer fix this issue? We have the exact issue with our 2021 expedition max and our incompetent dealer said it was within spec and refused to make any adjustments. It bothers me every time I walk by that door. The gap is larger and the door slightly sticks out to where you’d think it was not fully closed. For a vehicle this expensive, it should not look like a drunk person put the door on. Attached photos from both sides and the difference in alignment is pretty noticeable.
Yes, the body shop took care of it no questions. no more wind noise from pressure change going by a semi. I’d not let it go, find another or explain other people have had it repaired.

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Which products do you recommend for ceramic coating?
I agree with a ceramic coat or a good wax if you don't mind more frequent applications. As previously mentioned, the key is the prep work.

I tried Amor Shield, Ceramic Pro, and currently System X. All have pros and cons but they're minimal.

System X was applied to all my vehicles 2 months ago. We'll see how it holds up after a year...

ryanpe

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2021 Expo and it too had the doors misaligned. The RH rear door and the LH front door were way out of alignment. The back edge of RH rear door when closed was protruding almost 3/16" past the rear fender panel. It didn't look like it was fully closed, same issue for the drivers door. The rear edge of the drivers door was proud of the LH rear door by over 1/16". Terrible quality control. I loosened the striker on both sides and readjusted to attain flush panels. Very simple fix but why? My expo had an MSRP of $74,000 and I had to adjust the doors? Very poor.