BLIS sensor access

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TDubya

Reaction score
My wife's 2018 Exp Limited Max has been having a few electrical problems since we've been getting rain lately. The first issue was that the running boards stopped deploying. You can hear the motor make noise when you open the door, so its getting power. The other night we got a Cross Traffic Sensor and Lane Keeping Sensor fault and the HVAC, radio, rear view mirrors, etc. were non functional, as well as the running boards. After some internet research it sounds like the BLIS sensor(s) may have corroded connections causing these issues. On the F150s, the BLIS sensors are inside the tail light housings and much easier to access than in the Expedition, which are housed behind the rear bumper corners. I was hoping YouTube could help me out here, but not having any luck on how to access the sensors.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just watched a couple of videos. One mentioned the plugs come loose on the BSM unit. The other said to clean the outside of the vehicle and make sure there is no hardened-on road grime, dirt, snow, salt, etc.. I also read on another thread where if you live on muddy roads, the mud can accumulate and cover the sensors. A good cleaning will fix it and installing mud flaps will help prevent it from happening again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett