Blower motor is on and loud but very little air, Intermittent front vent AC issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crrazychicken

Reaction score
Sometimes, on the hottest days, the front AC vents do not blow as they should. The blower motor is loud and ramps up as you increase the fan setting and there will be a trickle of cold air but not much. The air does not shift to the floor vents either. The fresh or recirculated selector sounds like it's working and the issue rectifies itself by the next day. Removing and re-plugging the 2 connectors on the passenger side has no affect.

I assume I've got an actuator being funny but which one would it be?

LovesTexas

Reaction score
I JUST DID THIS TODAY. I am a 58 year old girl, so anyone should be able to do it. After making sure my actuator was working, I pulled the blower motor. Not difficult, just a very tight fit and a bit awkward. One clip and then the motor rotates a little and drops. No hidden screws! I moved the passenger seat all the way back, reclined it and was lying on it, with my head way under the dash and my legs hanging over the seatback. After pulling the motor, I could see a plastic bag blocking the air the motor was trying to push. Pulled out the bag and all is good.

20190719_160933.jpg

20190719_163409.jpg

manuelb

Reaction score
Sometimes, on the hottest days, the front AC vents do not blow as they should. The blower motor is loud and ramps up as you increase the fan setting and there will be a trickle of cold air but not much. The air does not shift to the floor vents either. The fresh or recirculated selector sounds like it's working and the issue rectifies itself by the next day. Removing and re-plugging the 2 connectors on the passenger side has no affect.

The same thing happens to me with my 2020 expedition, can I solve the problem?