Boost MPG New Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep, I left SLC at just after 7:00AM, arrived Yuba City (660 miles) at just after 7:00PM. That included a 1.5 hour stop in Reno for fuel and bourbon. Costco sells it in Nevada, not in Utah.

ROBERT BONNER

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actually, the Expy Max has a drag coefficient of .35, which isn't that bad. Way better than, say, the F150, which is listed at .56. Drag is proportional to the velocity squared, so the difference in drag between 67MPH and 75MPH is 25%. The absolute best way to reduce drag and improve mileage is to slow down. And I very much enjoy mine, especially getting 24.3MPG.
Of course aero performance is determined by multiplying the drag coefficient by the frontal area...and these babies have a lot of frontal area compared to lower, narrower, narrower tired vehicles....so, they are technically very large sloped bricks...;-)

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey BobWard
What I have learned from my Expy over the last year of Interstate travel - cruise at 77 or 80 depending, Eco mode, 93 Perf Tune, running E50 = manually downshift to 9th or 8th gear, trading RPM's for Boost. Boost = more fuel. Downshifting = less boost, but more RPM's. Avg. 20 - 22 depending on grades & headwinds.