braking problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjstat

Reaction score
Well I thought I was crazy but this is the third time that I gradually applied my brakes to stop and the ABS kicked in the pedal pulsated and locked up send me foward I also noticed on two occasions the traction control light went on for a second and went out. I know that this is not normal but not sure if this just a brake problem or a traction control issue. I was driving down a hill on two of the occasions.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
if you were braking i would think its a braking problem
what was the outside conditions at the time?

OP
OP
R

rjstat

Reaction score
The first time was early AM with a slight dew on the road coming down a steep hill braking for a stop sign. I thought it was because it was wet and I have Continental Tires that came with the vehicle. The other two times happened in the afternoon on dry pavement slowing to a stop at traffic lights and the brakes locked up for no reason.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
next time you drive it check all four rotors to see if there hot after braking becareful not to burn yourself as the rotors will be very hot to the touch , The reason i say this i want to see if the rear brakes are working

OP
OP
R

rjstat

Reaction score
Well I took my Expy to the dealer this morning the said that it was the RSC mod was bad. The tech said that this mod controls traction control, braking and some other stuff. I hope he wasn't blowing smoke up my butt. I really didn't want the RSC but I would had to wait 6 to 8 weeks for a special order vehicle and this one had everything I wanted and I got a good deal for this one.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to see they found something . They could of said we could not duplicate the problem like i have heard before