Braking question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TJ Toronto

Reaction score
hello,
I have a 2008 expedition max limited.
For the past month or so, every time I brake above 60km/h the truck pulls to the left. At highway speeds it's worse and I sometimes have to hold the wheel with 2 hands because it pulls pretty hard almost like a jerking action. It usually corrects itself quickly.
I brought it to a local shop and they replaced upper ball joints, I believe a control arm as well and did an alignment . They also replaced upper ball joints and something else in the rear. They said that the brakes were in great shape. I was told that my tires were shot and I should replace them. A week later I replaced all 4 tires. It is STILL pulling to the left. I took it back last week. They had my car for 4 days, I got it back today, and it STILL pulls. After another alignment I'm not sure what else it could be. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

TJ

Last edited by a moderator:

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I suspect the inside of the RF brake line hose is collapsed - so when you apply the brake pedal, more pressure is directed to the LF brake caliper - causing uneven braking and pulling to the left.

Sometimes you will see a metal brake line clip rust (that holds the rubber portion of the brake line). As the rusted metal clip expands from rust, it pinches the rubber brake line (restricting it).

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Find another shop since they don't know their azz from a hole in the ground.
You brought up a braking issue which is a safety concern, they tossed some parts at the problem - took your money and let you drive off without correcting the problem. Very amatuer work if that.

OP
OP
T

TJ Toronto

Reaction score
Thank you for this info!
Stamp11127, I completely agree with you on this and I will not be taking it back there for a new brake hose.

Thanks again everyone!

OP
OP
T

TJ Toronto

Reaction score
Good Evening guys,

Just wanted to post a quick note, I replaced the right front break (flex) hose and the problem is solved !!!
Thank you for your wise advice, I greatly appreciate it!

intelisevil

Reaction score
Good Evening guys,

Just wanted to post a quick note, I replaced the right front break (flex) hose and the problem is solved !!!
Thank you for your wise advice, I greatly appreciate it!

I think you need to be having a serious conversation with the shop that took all of your money . . .