bulb size for instrument cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitehat

Reaction score
Does anyone know the bulb size for the instrument cluster on the 97 EB? I went to the ford dealership and they told me the size bulb they showed was'nt the correct one. I'm trying to avoid taking the dash apart 2 different times.

OP
OP
W

whitehat

Reaction score
Like I said, I was trying to avoid taking the dash apart, get the bulb, put it back together, go and get the bulbs and then come home and start all over again. I've always had good luck here with tips for my 97 EB so I figured I start here first!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
W

whitehat

Reaction score
That's ok, right now I'm laid off so I've got the time, but I can't get up the motivation to do all that work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a good holiday!

kymagred

Reaction score
It may not be the same but I just replaced a bulb in my 94 Explorer and I had to remove the instrument cluster to get to the bulb. I got my replacement at Auto Zone. I think the bulb number was 194, of course that may not work in the Expedition. Let us know what you find out, I have a 99 Expedition.

sefuller

Reaction score
99 Expedition has two size bulbs, not sure of the numbers

I just had my instrument cluster out to repair the intermittent odometer, and I noticed there are about 24 bulbs, but there are two different sizes. I should have made note of the numbers, but I didn't :(

EXMAN

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but, it was the closest one I could find to my question without starting a new one. One of the bulbs went out in my dash last night. It's the one between the speedometer and the tach. I've never had the dash apart and was wondering if there are any tricks to getting to that bulb.