Bull Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenegadeBad_Dog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After being nearly hit after being cut off on the interstate I have decided to look into a bull bar. I like the look of the Westin contour bull bar but it is only available for the f150. Would this be possible to fit on the expy? I would also like to see an pictures of people who have them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
At interstate speeds a bull bar will only increase your damage

For non-offroad purposes, people use those things to discourage parking damage to modern plastic bumper covers

OP
OP
RenegadeBad_Dog

RenegadeBad_Dog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
At interstate speeds a bull bar will only increase your damage

For non-offroad purposes, people use those things to discourage parking damage to modern plastic bumper covers
We don't do too much driving on the interstate with the vehicle and when we do it is usually only 55mph do to road work around here. I am mainly looking for one for aesthetic purposes and to protect the bumper cover a little bit better in case of a small fender bender around town. Along with the occasional of roading. Thanks for the input.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We don't do too much driving on the interstate with the vehicle and when we do it is usually only 55mph do to road work around here. I am mainly looking for one for aesthetic purposes and to protect the bumper cover a little bit better in case of a small fender bender around town. Along with the occasional of roading. Thanks for the input.

I meant that bull bars work at <5mph, and best at roll-in-drive speeds.

35 or 55 or 75 mph, they'll be a damage multiplier

Cookieman00x

Reaction score
I meant that bull bars work at <5mph, and best at roll-in-drive speeds.

35 or 55 or 75 mph, they'll be a damage multiplier

I agree with this, its good for brush or parking lots. Anything else its going to cause more damage to your car than they are worth. You have insurance for a hit.

jkayca

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do bull bars increase damage done to other cars if you hit them? I know a Corolla isn't going to win a battle with an Expedition but would hate to think I increased damage done without actually adding any extra protection for myself.

OP
OP
RenegadeBad_Dog

RenegadeBad_Dog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do bull bars increase damage done to other cars if you hit them? I know a Corolla isn't going to win a battle with an Expedition but would hate to think I increased damage done without actually adding any extra protection for myself.
Yeah and if they don't do well anything then why is there such a big market for them.

LRNAD90

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah and if they don't do well anything then why is there such a big market for them.

Cause people are Vane, and appearance is more important for most people than actual function. What has been said is true about most Brush/bull bar add-ons. The Damage Multiplier nick name is wide spread in many truck forums..

There are some companies that make full bumper replacements for more popular vehicles that will actually provide decent protection against semi large animal strikes, low speed small car impacts. Though often times you still loose cause they end up causing more frame damage. But you have to remember they are designed to add survive-ability to vehicles operated far from civilization. Where the owner will take a tweaked frame over a lost radiator and being stranded 100's of miles from nowhere..

OP
OP
RenegadeBad_Dog

RenegadeBad_Dog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cause people are Vane, and appearance is more important for most people than actual function. What has been said is true about most Brush/bull bar add-ons. The Damage Multiplier nick name is wide spread in many truck forums..

There are some companies that make full bumper replacements for more popular vehicles that will actually provide decent protection against semi large animal strikes, low speed small car impacts. Though often times you still loose cause they end up causing more frame damage. But you have to remember they are designed to add survive-ability to vehicles operated far from civilization. Where the owner will take a tweaked frame over a lost radiator and being stranded 100's of miles from nowhere..
That why the are so popular in Australia. I did see a video where the brush guard / bullbar didn't crush into the vehicle but instead prevented the crumpled barrier in the frame from getting destroyed. To say the least they are an interesting topic amongst automotive enthusiast.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP asked for pics of Bull Bars, not piles of *********.

Hunter:
https://www.hunter4x4.com/bull.html

picture.jpg

Lund F150 easily retrofitted:
Stage_3_2017_Flagstaff_Trip_162.jpg

Aries B35-3007-3 Stealth Bull Bar with the skidplate removed:
my_2016_ford_expedition_bull_bar-1.jpg

Vaccar prototype Grill Guardian:
142689_orig.png

The population multipliers have been calling these damage multipliers forever. Its like listening to a vegan explain their diet. Just a little disappointed nobody called out your approach and departure angles getting decreased, reduced MPG. You know, important stuff, up there with how much damage you can avoid while hitting something at 50 MPH.

Since they all mostly mount to the tow hook provisions on the frame rails, F150 bars should work.

The only valid concern I've heard to date is interference with your front parking sensors, if equipped.