Buzzing and vibration when driving (front end)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackhorse1

Reaction score
I have a 2000 expy xlt, 4.6l. I recently started noticing a buzzing and slight vibration coming from the front end. I believe it's the front wheel bearings. My question is this, is it easier to change the bearings or the hub assembly? My ABS light is also on. Thanks in advance.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The hub assembly unless you have access to a press. The abs light you'll need to run codes, should tell you which one.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

sullybeav

Reaction score
I had to do this repair and it turned out the ABS light was caused by a cut wire on the sensor that is built into the hub assembly. 2 birds fixed with 1 stone.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Never heard of a stone fixing a bird! Killing, well that's different. I guess if the stone missed the bird, and killed the cat attacking it, then yeah. Lucky bird, not so much for Kitty.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

98eb5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2000 expy xlt, 4.6l. I recently started noticing a buzzing and slight vibration coming from the front end. I believe it's the front wheel bearings. My question is this, is it easier to change the bearings or the hub assembly? My ABS light is also on. Thanks in advance.

depends if 4X4?

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just do the hubs. It's MUCH easier than replacing the bearings, plus you get new ABS sensors. I recommend Timken hubs. I believe they are the best out there available, and have a 3 year warranty too. Do both fronts at the same time, if one goes bad, the second is right behind