Buzzing sound pass side of engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cj7_lhc

Reaction score
2002 4.6L with 70,000. After driving for a bit and pulling into the garage I can hear a buzzing sound coming from the spark plug and injector area of the pass side. I also have the autotap engine software and noticed the mv of the same side O2 sensor is erratic. It's not matching the peak and valley of the driver side O2 sensor. So I'm thinking these items are related. No misfiring or other engine performance issues just the buzzing sound. So is the buzzing coming from one of the injectors???? If so how do you diagnoise which one?

slo-ryd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You might use some carb cleaner and check for a vacuum leak.

An auto stethoscope would be very useful..

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only time I've had any sort of buzzing from the Expy was when a relay was burnt.

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thread resurrected

I thought the buzzing sound I hear was engine related until yesterday when I havent even started the engine and the buzzing sound was there

I have read about a possible relay problem - I will look into it later today. but can anyone tell me more about the PCV valve?

phatbak

Reaction score
I had loud buzzing from the IAC valve (Idle Air Control), located right behind the throttle body.