Cabin Air Filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hold on a sec - I read somewhere there are versions of our expe with the cabin air filter. there are even DIYs that mention it. Anyone ever did this? maybe on the EBs perhaps?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well being you have a 1st edition expy Look under your dash as was suggested by someone else and when you find it let us know

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Click on the link (*...) above It does appear that provisions were made for a cabin air filter by use of a dealer installed retro fit kit
However from all information I can find the kit is no longer available

Last edited:

98EXPnSRQ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The provision is there, you just have to cut the piece out. The Ford part is no longer available, but all you have to do is put a piece of aluminum duct tape over the opening each time you remove the cabin filiter. Here is the youtube instructions I followed. It's for an F150, but the air box is the same. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=071sDEBUODQ

toadeyes

Reaction score
Ideally it doesn't come with the factory cabin filter, but you can improvise to fit one as they stated.