Cabin Air Filtration - 2018 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you read the vehicle owner’s manual on the HVAC to determine how to do this?

From the manual:

Recirculated air: Press to switch between outside air and recirculated air. The air currently in the passenger compartment recirculates. This may reduce the time needed to cool the interior (when used with A/C) and reduce unwanted odors from entering your vehicle.
Note: Recirculated air may turn off (or prevent you from switching on) in all air flow modes except MAX A/C to reduce the risk of fogging. Recirculation may also turn on and off in various air distribution control combinations during hot weather in order to improve cooling efficiency.

nc138

Reaction score
I have the same question on recirculation of air. It seems to stay on when cooling, but turns off when heating after a few minutes. Driving on Long Island on the LIE, you want to keep it on especially when there’s a lot of trucks on the road. You can smell the difference when it pulls “fresh air” into the cabin by the exhaust fumes. Is there a fix to have it stay on all the time?

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are probably just as many carcinogens inside the car as outside. The off-gassing of flame retardants, plasticizers, vinyl, etc from the new vehicle components will get you with recirculation.

Puts you in a nice catch-22.

I park mine in my garage with the windows open under a ceiling fan for this very reason. There's ridiculous amounts of Fumes in these new vehicles. I'm no safety freak, but I'm not volunteering for a chemical-$hitstorm. I'll gladly smell the farms and have less chemical air.

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As George calin said, and scientists have discovered saliva causes stomach cancer, but only when swallowed in small quantities over a long period of time.