Can anybody tell me if this is lifted or what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4utahexp

Reaction score
I'm a newb here and to expeditions. I just bought this 97 exp for 1500 bucks with 120k on it. Right now it's sitting on worn 33's. I'm just wondering if it's running a lift or leveling kit. I'm pretty sure there's no body lift on it. Is there supposed to be a gap in between the frame and body stock? My last 4x4 was a cherokee and it was unibody so I don't know if a gaps normal or not. Is it possible that it has a leveling kit on it? I'm kinda thinkin the torsion bars might be cranked. Does this look stock height to you guys? I want to throw some 35's on it but need to know what I got before I know which way to go.

Attachments

• expedition.jpg
    expedition.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,537
  • exp.jpg
    exp.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 438

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i think it may have a torsion twist, but the wider tires make it look lifted. my feeling is that it just is leveled

OP
OP
4x4utahexp

4x4utahexp

Reaction score
Thats kinda what I was thinkin. There's a few exp owners down the road and they kinda looked the same height as mine but yeah I think the wider kicked out tires give it the illusion that it's lifted or somethin. I figure if I do a 3 inch body lift I could clear 35's easily cause the way it sits right now the tires tuck up into the fenders perfectly. Once I get some money put away it'll eventually be gettin a 6inch on top of that and i"m gonna throw some 38's under it. It probably won't be for like 6 months to a year for that to happen though. Oh well. Glad to be on the expy train with you guys.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
38's will be tight, if even possible, with a 6" plus 3". cant really tell if yours is lifted from the angles you provided. a straight shot of the side would help us a little better.

Poppa Wheelie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For reference. here is a pic of my 01 with no lift, no running boards, and 33s.
SDC12791.jpg
Also I'll put this pic up just cuz it's sweet:cool:
SDC12816.jpg

OP
OP
4x4utahexp

4x4utahexp

Reaction score
38's will be tight, if even possible, with a 6" plus 3". cant really tell if yours is lifted from the angles you provided. a straight shot of the side would help us a little better.

The 6+3 was assuming I had a leveling kit. I'm thinkin I don't after lookin at poppawheelie's. Sorry I didn't post level pics. Those were just the ones I took when I bought it. I'll take more this afternoon when I get home from work. See I've been checkin out this forum for a few weeks now. Doin some investigating to see about buying one and came across you guys with ur lifted expy's and that was one of the things that sold me on buying one. I want mine sittin up there with walnuts unit. I have a buddy that has a fabshop that he fabricates in so who knows I might go solid axle swap up front instead of payin a bunch of money for an ifs lift:) I have a acura integra for a good gas mileage car and a 82 jeep cherokee chief for a wheeler so this will be my monster truck/campin unit:) I'll post more pics later

OP
OP
4x4utahexp

4x4utahexp

Reaction score
Here's some more pics I took earlier today.

Attachments

• exp1.jpg
    exp1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,909
  • exp2.jpg
    exp2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 256
  • exp3.jpg
    exp3.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 3,234
  • exp4.jpg
    exp4.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 2,219

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i agree, doesnt look lifted. and if you can do the SAS for cheap, i would definitely go that route. that is what im tryin to do on my expy but gonna have to wait a little while for that.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6+3 and level could fit 38s.... 40s with some serious trimming and minimal offroading but 37s fit just right with a 6+3

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it dosent look lifted. just got big tires and no step sides. makes it look lifted. but 6+3 like walnuts is what you want to do to fit at least 37s.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett