Can display default to digital speedometer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdcastan

Reaction score
I’ve searched the forum for this but couldn’t find anything about setting the default display to digital speedometer. Anyone know how to do this? I find it frustrating that it defaults to the tow menu which I rarely use. Any ideas?

By the way, I have a 2018 Limited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rs4-380

Reaction score
?? Mine defaults to whatever screen it was on last. Does it default to the tow screen when there is a trailer hooked up?

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's how.
Power up vehicle. (Engine on/off doesn't matter)
Clear prompts by pressing left OK button. (Door open, Engine off, Etc)
Select My View
Select Configure My View Screen
Select Vehicle Information
Check Digital Speedometer
Press left arrow button to exit. (Will take several presses)

This will add digital speedometer to the My View list.
Under My View scroll down till digital speedometer is displayed. Once at that point you can stop and start the vehicle. It will default to the last item displayed in my view. There are several items you can add or delete from the Configure My View Screen menu that allows you to scroll through. You can also change the order that they are displayed.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And yes, it will default to the towing screen if you have a trailer selected.
...or, if a trailer is not connected, and you last disconnected the trailer plug, with the engine "off." To change from the tow screen, you'll have to go into the trailer tow settings and select no trailer connected, or words to that effect.

OP
OP
R

rdcastan

Reaction score
Thank you all for the tips. It worked. Apparently I had a trailer “h” listed and it was still selected. I deleted it and now it works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fordexpi

Reaction score
This has happened to us the last few times we pulled our boat. Not sure if it finally times out or if I changed something, but I messed with the options many times. It says no trailer detected, all the way through, but still defaults to the trailer setting with I turn on the car. I called Ford where we bought it and he said he's had 2 other people ask about it but no one has come up with a solution. Anyone?

Bill Schell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
?? Mine defaults to whatever screen it was on last. Does it default to the tow screen when there is a trailer hooked up?

Only had the rig for 2 days but had a chance to view some of the various display options on the drive back home. I like the digital speed display as a default too. I left it on that setting and it has stayed in that mode each time I've started the vehicle... a whopping 6-8 times LOL.

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This has happened to us the last few times we pulled our boat. Not sure if it finally times out or if I changed something, but I messed with the options many times. It says no trailer detected, all the way through, but still defaults to the trailer setting with I turn on the car. I called Ford where we bought it and he said he's had 2 other people ask about it but no one has come up with a solution. Anyone?

This might be the issue that's annoying me too. If it's defaulting to the towing display when you start up, go down to the Trailer Status screen. If there's trailer info there, then go to Trailer Setup and select "No Trailer" or whatever it is. Then you'll be good until the next time you hook up to something.

I haven't figured out the magic sequence of events that will automatically select "No Trailer" when you actually unplug the trailer. I always unplug with the vehicle off - maybe I'll try it with it running and see if that works...

[Edit] And now that I read the whole thread, this was covered above. Specifically, disconnect the trailer with the ignition still on...

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree it should be easier to get out of the trailer setting. But you have to go back and select "no Trailer" every time. If you don't it also keeps adding the mileage to the trailer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett