Can I fit 37's ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reefkrazy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
20130215_163725_zpsb7d7fede.jpg

I have a 3 inch body lift. cranked torsion bars. Lifted it by adjusting the airbag sensor up just a tad. Cut front valance for room. Im running 33's on stock 17's. I know I can go 305 70 r17 (35) but I don't think it would be enough......lol Thanks

TRTLSLO

Reaction score
I ran 315/70/17's stock by just cutting the valance. I would think it possible for 37's with a body lift. Check with "babysilk" on this site. I'm pretty sure he is doing 37's with a torsion twist and a bodylift

OP
OP
reefkrazy

reefkrazy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm know that if I go with
35's im not going to be satisfied. Go big or go home right!

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actually talk to Thermo (not to discredit Babysilk, but I think his only has 35's), I know he has 37's on only 4" of lift, he will be your best option for making it work. Good luck.

OP
OP
reefkrazy

reefkrazy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actually talk to Thermo (not to discredit Babysilk, but I think his only has 35's), I know he has 37's on only 4" of lift, he will be your best option for making it work. Good luck.

Thanks. I saw babysilk is running 6" lift. Im somewhere between 3 and 5 inches. Prob closer to 5 with the airbags. I can always tweak it alittle more.

MUSKYMAN52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How big is your torsion lift? i could only crank mine up 2", couldve sworn 3" was possible.

OP
OP
reefkrazy

reefkrazy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How big is your torsion lift? i could only crank mine up 2", couldve sworn 3" was possible.

I got 2 inches on torsion twist. It leveled the truck. I have air ride so there are airbag sensors that I can move up a little and it raises the truck. Here is a pic with just the torsion twist.....

20130112_145232_zps58daa429.jpg

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Reef, I sent you an e-mail. Like I said in the post, to run 37's like you are talking, you are going to need some very specific components to make it all work. You deviate even a little bit and you are asking for some major rubbing issues or damage to the tranny (too tall of a tire with not enough gear). Plan on spending about $4000 to do what I recommend. I did a lot of research and tons of measuring. Even then I had to do a little bit more modification than I was originally planning. Also keep in mind that this allows you to run the truck up to full twist and not have rubbing. If you are planning on just a street queen (which is not what I am getting the impression you have in mind), then you can relax what I say a little (very little) bit.

If you want to see pictures of what you are looking at, check out http://www.fordtruckworld.com and then do some looking through the galleries for "Thermo". There, you will see my detailed explanation of how to do the wheel well mod I talked about, cutting of the fender, and what the truck looks like all twisted up and how little room that is left over under the worst case conditions.

Not trying to steer you away, but there are some members around that have tried what I did and didn't have too good of luck. hate to see you spend big money not to get what you are after.