Can Phaser Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhunt15

Reaction score
Hey all-

Having issues with the rattle upon cold start up. Unfortunately, I’m at 90K miles and officially out of warranty. I’m needing new phasers & I read somewhere that Ford fixed this issue and there was an update part to hopefully avoid replacement - again. Anyone know that updated part number so I can verify it?

GaryH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm sure he meant cam phaser. i did not know the 4th gens still had this problem.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
4th gens should not have that issue. Search turbo rattle as worn springs can cause startup rattle with is harmless.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If its a 2018-20 it could be the cam phasers or wastegate linkage rattle

3rd Expyowner123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A newer redesigned phasers are:

ML3Z*6256*A
ML3Z*6C525*A

My dealer installed the above part numbers in December 2022. Hopefully these will last the life of my truck. I believe these are the latest design.
They look different than prior designs. These were my second replacement set on my Expy.

OP
OP
D

dhunt15

Reaction score
It's an 18 and is a cam phaser rattle. Thank you! Just wanted to make sure I was getting the updated part so this is a one time expense. Hopefully. Sorry for the title. Autocorrect.