Can you eliminate yellow shading on back-up camera?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2011 Expy's back-up camera had a clear view. My 2017 Expy back up camera has a yellowish tint when I get close to the ball when backing up.

I need to put on my cheater glasses to see the ball to begin with, and the yellowish tint makes it even harder.

Am I missing something? Can I get the camera to show a clear view?

thanks,

Peter

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My 2011 Expy's back-up camera had a clear view. My 2017 Expy back up camera has a yellowish tint when I get close to the ball when backing up.

I need to put on my cheater glasses to see the ball to begin with, and the yellowish tint makes it even harder.

Am I missing something? Can I get the camera to show a clear view?

thanks,

Peter

Mine is clear. Is the camera clean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
H

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, the lens is clean. The yellow tint is a specific rectangular (or maybe square- not sure) shape. There may even be another color pattern mixed in.

It is encouraging to hear yours is clear, maybe mine can be reset somehow. What year is yours?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, the lens is clean. The yellow tint is a specific rectangular (or maybe square- not sure) shape. There may even be another color pattern mixed in.

It is encouraging to hear yours is clear, maybe mine can be reset somehow. What year is yours?

Do you mean the warning “blocks” that go from green, to yellow, to red as you get closer to an obstacle?

I have a 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4 - and that system works in conjunction with the audible warning system.

My system is very clear and useful. However, I think you can turn off the colored warning blocks in the DIC settings menu.

My system has a “zoom” feature for the camera, which is detailed in the vehicle owner’s manual.

OP
OP
H

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It sounds like I am seeing the warning "blocks" you describe. I would like to turn them off. What do you mean by the "DIC" settings menu?

I love the idea of a zoom feature. I will check out the owner's manual to learn more.

Thanks

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It sounds like I am seeing the warning "blocks" you describe. I would like to turn them off. What do you mean by the "DIC" settings menu?

I love the idea of a zoom feature. I will check out the owner's manual to learn more.

Thanks

The various menus in the driver information center (screen on the left side of the display dash on my Limited), can be accessed via the left-side steering wheel pad control knobs. There are various menus - and sub-menus.

You didn’t state which trim model you have - I think the lower trim XLT model may have a different DIC dash screen, and I’m not sure how to access it because I have the Limited model.

It should be detailed in your vehicle owner’s manual.

Good luck - let us know what you determine.

OP
OP
H

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the Limited. I'll check out the manual in the am and report back.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Thanks

That makes WAY more sense now.

These are the setting you are looking for and they are on Sync3.

dd56eff97381c44f0712f1f89d73ab1f.jpg

9dccbacd13832610f2c251ca35020d72.jpg

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am running 3.4, so it might look a little different...but same idea.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
Loki, is that official beta testing or did you just hot rod the system with 3.4?