Cant find REAR COILS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

groove508

Reaction score
I have a 2000 EB and cant find rear coils anywhere. Everyone has them for 2wd but none for 4wd. I think the 2wd's sat lower so I dont want them. It sags in the rear and want new springs. I thought about spacers but want to start with the springs. I have not checked the stealership.

SC-Surfer

Reaction score
I just purchased a set of rear springs for my 97 EB 4WD on eBay. From Strutmaster. Priced at $103 because the box was open. You can find them there with or with out the front coil over shocks.

I went to Amazon and ordered front Rancho RS5233 RS5000 Gas Shock Absorbers (Because I couldn't find out if the coil overs would work with a lift) and also got the Daystar KF09102BK Comfort Ride 1" Lift Rear Coil Spring Spacer Kit for the rear. Mainly because I ran out of cash for the 2".

Not sure how the Rancho's will handle compared to the coil overs? But I should know in about a week.

Ill post an update after its all in.

oldjeeps

Reaction score
Ya... I agree

I got the same deal off eBay.
Only took 1 1/2 hrs to install the springs.
Strutmaster is the way to go...

SC-Surfer

Reaction score
Installed everything today. Those Rancho front shocks were not for a lifted truck (Unlike what the Amazon store claimed) But I had a set of 2" shock extenders that bolt to the bottom of the shocks.

Truck rides good, maybe not as nice as the air suspension when working right. But just knowing my ass end isn't going to be dragging pavement on a road trip is good enough! Also pulled the Check Suspension bulb and pulled the air pump fuse. Nice not hearing that pump every minute!

I did have to use a set of spring compressors to get them in with the 1" spacers.

I just purchased a set of rear springs for my 97 EB 4WD on eBay. From Strutmaster. Priced at $103 because the box was open. You can find them there with or with out the front coil over shocks.

I went to Amazon and ordered front Rancho RS5233 RS5000 Gas Shock Absorbers (Because I couldn't find out if the coil overs would work with a lift) and also got the Daystar KF09102BK Comfort Ride 1" Lift Rear Coil Spring Spacer Kit for the rear. Mainly because I ran out of cash for the 2".

Not sure how the Rancho's will handle compared to the coil overs? But I should know in about a week.

Ill post an update after its all in.

SC-Surfer

Reaction score
Quick update. After installing the kit, I didnt have time to pull part of the dash and cut the wire. Just left the switch off. On the way home I noticed the steering was a lot more sensitive on the highway.

So here is what I did. Pulled the # 15 max fuse under the hood (Air Pump). Removed the inst cluster and pulled the check susp bulb then turned the switch on.

The steering is back to normal. Ready to test it out on a Outer Banks surf trip!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition