Can't get correct part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Prieto

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with my cruise control not working and then working on my 04 expy eddie bauer. I've narrowed it down to the deactivation switch on the pedal assembly. I have also replaced the pedal assembly with a new oem. I ordered the new switch from Ford and the plunger on it sticks out about 1.25" and the one on my original only sticks out about 1/2" and depresses all the way in. The plunger on the new one only depresses down to about 1/2" and then stops. With the old one installed, the pedal assembly depresses the plunger all the way in and I'm afraid if I install the new one it will break because it will actually be holding the brake pedal back. Has anyone replaced this switch and run into this issue

Attachments

• 16439969823693278455291788640130.jpg
    16439969823693278455291788640130.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 3

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you install it in place it is self adjusting ratchet style shaft. It will shrink itself to the correct length.
You push the brake pedal down, install it in place and let off the brake pedal, the shaft will ratchet down and that's it. Good to Go.

OP
OP
J

Joe Prieto

Reaction score
When you install it in place it is self adjusting ratchet style shaft. It will shrink itself to the correct length.
You push the brake pedal down, install it in place and let off the brake pedal, the shaft will ratchet down and that's it. Good to Go.
You're the man. Thanks

OP
OP
J

Joe Prieto

Reaction score
Replaced and still not working. Fuses are ok, power to the sevo is good. Used wd40 on the switches. What else can I check? Also does the or have a pressure switch on the master cylinder?

Last edited:

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you run through the switch button test and got a response from each button ? Or it could be the servo itself.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Replaced and still not working. Fuses are ok, power to the sevo is good. Used wd40 on the switches. What else can I check? Also does the or have a pressure switch on the master cylinder?

WD-40 is petroleum based and can damage electrical switches.

OP
OP
J

Joe Prieto

Reaction score
WD-40 is petroleum based and can damage electrical switches.

Did you run through the switch button test and got a response from each button ? Or it could be the servo itself.
I did a few weeks ago and I don't know if I did it wrong or right but it didn't do anything. I can't tell you next time I started the truck it took off on me luckily I had the foot on the brake like a good driver.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you're going down the road at 30+ mph and hit the ON button do you get the little green "speedometer" icon on the upper right of the instrument cluster indicating the system is ON ?