Car Seats in the 3rd Row

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just to follow up with what worked best for me to have 3 across boosters in the third row. I have two maxi-cosi rodifix on the outboard seating position. They are narrow where the seat belt goes without armrest, so the 5 year olds are able to buckle themselves. For the center position, I decided on the bubblebum. It is narrow enough to allow my 6.5 year old to buckle herself.

I tried the Graco Rightguide in the center for my oldest. The wings that guide the seatbelt are hard and hinged on the seat. This made it too wide to work between the other boosters.

OP
OP
S

StephenPT

Reaction score
Nice! Thanks for the update! With the side bolster wings on the Rodi-fix boosters, is your 6.5yo able to sit between them comfortably? I noticed those wings on the Graco Rightguide and figured they would pose a problem. Thanks for the confirmation.

keny01998

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just to follow up with what worked best for me to have 3 across boosters in the third row. I have two maxi-cosi rodifix on the outboard seating position. They are narrow where the seat belt goes without armrest, so the 5 year olds are able to buckle themselves. For the center position, I decided on the bubblebum. It is narrow enough to allow my 6.5 year old to buckle herself.

I tried the Graco Rightguide in the center for my oldest. The wings that guide the seatbelt are hard and hinged on the seat. This made it too wide to work between the other boosters.
I personally won't put my children in 3rd row if they can't unbuckle themselves fast enough. When you get rear ended or the Exp ges on fire, the doors are usually locked. Check out another post. All my little ones are staying in 2nd row and older kids stay in third row for all SUVs that I owned.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice! Thanks for the update! With the side bolster wings on the Rodi-fix boosters, is your 6.5yo able to sit between them comfortably? I noticed those wings on the Graco Rightguide and figured they would pose a problem. Thanks for the confirmation.
Yes, the 6.5 year old has plenty of room between the two seats. I think the side bolsters will help her stay better in line when she falls asleep.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett