Catalytic Converter Replacement Help Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if I remember correctly I thought cats had a 10yr 100,000 warranty.... dont know your mileage but my .02

Lightnig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would like to see you fit that under the hood !!

:Big Laugh:

If I stuffed a Merlin in the engine bay you can bet there'd be no hood to get it under.

Or grill, or fenders...

I'd want to show off that bad boy to the whole world.

Besides, it would make engine fitment slightly easier with no body work on the front end...

:rotflmao:

Last edited:

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Whew, one thing I can finally be glad for living up here in Canuck-land.

Sure, our taxes are insane, and we are f00ked as far as personal liberties, but no smog testing or inspections (at least in my Province).

I could throw a 27L v12 Merlin on straight pipes in the truck (would be absolute ass for low end torque, but would be unbelievable on the high end...), and all they could snag me on is noise bylaws. :evillol:

Lucky in Ontario we have testing every 2 years :yucky:

buildingdoc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I dropped my exhaust myself from the flanges back... cut out my cats. And welded in aftermarket 49 state bought off ebay.... but here is the catch. Getting them shipped to you. I had them shipped to a freind then shipped to me. Im in ca so I got a 1800 quote for bank 2 alone... 3k is about right.