CatBack systems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

Does any company make a decent system at a reasonable price? I am looking for something single in with dual out, preferable same-side exit dual out. Gibson makes a nice one for the older Expo's but not the new ones yet! Borla, MagnaFlo are all single exit. Anyone seen anything nice that does not cost 600+ $$.

Thanks....

Reaction score
Hey,if you got the 4X4, itll be hard to find a dual exit out the side system. Since you live in Arizona, I live in Phoenix, you might need to get it custom made. It will cost something but I'm getting my exhaust work done at Scottsdale Muffler (52nd Str. & Thomas) here in Phoenix if you live close. They give pretty good deals, but it ain't going to be cheap.

OP
OP
G

Originally posted by Mustang71Lover
Hey,if you got the 4X4, itll be hard to find a dual exit out the side system. Since you live in Arizona, I live in Phoenix, you might need to get it custom made. It will cost something but I'm getting my exhaust work done at Scottsdale Muffler (52nd Str. & Thomas) here in Phoenix if you live close. They give pretty good deals, but it ain't going to be cheap.

Cool, how are you going to have yours routed? And what muffler etc are you going with? I just need some ideas if you don't mind.
I was thinking of going to Pro Dyno in Phoenix and seeing what they could do, as they make some custom exhausts.

Reaction score
I'm getting cutouts, so I don't have to worry about getting it routed or anything. I'll just keep it with the stock muffler, since cut-outs won't need a new muffler to be louder than every other car on the road.
If I were you though, maybe look on Ebay or a trustworthy internet site, or there are even some places out in Mesa that give pretty good deals on parts, but go with Gibson. They are reliable and less likely to leak. They know what their doing with truck exhausts. If you want the cool styling of a dual exhaust, they sell a sort of dual outlet, it's just two pipes sticking out of the back of the muffler, you could get some nice chrome exhaust tips and make that look really sweet. Borla, Flowmaster, the usuals would be good too, but I wouldn't suggest trying out some of those cheaper, less used brands, just not as safe bets on reliability.

1999xlt

Reaction score
FlowMaster Force II...............Sounds Great and its A LOT cheaper............It is a single, side exit. It is a fairly simple install just a few clamps and hangers. The hardest apart might be getting your old one off if its rusted.

OP
OP
G

I've seen the Gibson single side out for $355 online. Hunt around a little.

OP
OP
G

How much of a performance improvement can one get from installing a cat back on the Expy? 10 more HP? How about mileage: 1-2 mpg? Thanks.

OP
OP
G

I have been looking/calling for 6 months for a cat back system and finally bought one from Gibson for $375 shipped. With that said, any Gibson owners out there that have good/bad opinions of Gibsons products?