CCD shock life ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My recently acquired 2019 Limited Stealth has the CCD shocks. I'm wondering what their typical lifespan is? at ~$400 each, I hope they last awhile...

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know what garbage shocks my 2018 limited came with but at 500 miles they were leaking and Ford had a 6 month back order so at my expense I installed Bilstein shocks and I'd have nothing else.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Unless there is a way to fool the computer you can't swap out the CCD shocks for bilsteins, I too liked the bilsteins in my xlt WAY more than the CCD.

I have not seen many/any reports of the ccd shocks going bad and leaking. If mine do go bad I will figure out a way to put bilsteins on and fool the computer. I would assume it would just need to be a resistor or something that could fool it. I thought I had read about someone making something for the F-150's that had them. Thus far, I have not been impressed with the CCD while towing, they do not control the ride as well as the bilstein's do. I feel like the valving is way to soft and not very controlled.

RABAYL01

Reaction score
Icon Vehicle Dynamics has an "interface device" that will keep signal clear for aftermarket struts without electrical connection...

My 2019 Expedition is at 45,500 miles and I have a driver side front CCD leaking. It has been doing that for a while since the sticky fluid has been on my garage floor since 39,000 miles or so. Waiting on the dealer to replace it...they said it is covered under some warranty or my maintenance package that I bought with the truck...

I have been doing some research to see if the electrical connection of Expedition CCD is the same as the Raptor's Live Valve from Fox Shox...as a Mountain Biker, Fox Shox is the name of the game... I have not seen much people on here considering them especially CCD.