cd changer replacement question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

red5033

Reaction score
Have a 98' Expedition with a factory cd changer in the center console. It no longer works. It seems to make noise but after cycling through the cds in the cartridge, it displays "no cd" on the head unit. After tinkering with the unit for some time, im giving up on it. Anyway, I was going to replace the changer and had a few questions. Does anyone know if the 9 wire plug that plugs into my unit can be adapted for an after market changer or dvd player? I was considering a dvd player which also plays music cds but wasnt sure if it could be adapted to the factory stereo / 9 pin plug? Any help / suggestions are appreciated.

Robert

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would look into it. I think I have seen units that interface listed on Crutchfield. But then why???

My biggest hangup in replacing the factory head unit for a decent radio is the CD player...I would have to get another (most likely). Your delima is solved in this case. Go out and get a kickass Alpine system or something like it!!!!

G

If it's the same changer from the 02, I will sell you mine that I pulled for $135.00 + shipping. Selling the audiophile HU too for another $100.00.

Both OBO...

[email protected]

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edyk1986