CEL On - Error Codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff T

Reaction score
I was out the other day in a light mist d punched it to get around someone. Rear tires broke loose and spun, I didn't let off.

CEL came on and the truck ran extremely rough. Drove about a 1/2 mile to our hotel and parked.

Next morning everything was back to normal.

Two days later the CEL comes on, here are the codes:

P0151 - Oxygen sensor Circuit low voltage bank 2 sensor 1
P219B - Bank 2 air fuel ratio imbalance
P0300 - Random multiple misfire detected
P0304 - Cylinder 4 misfire
P0305 - Cylinder 5 misfire
P0306 - Cylinder 6 misfire

Looks like the computer didn't like me stomping on it! I'm going to reset and keep an eye on things.

Safe assumption??

BTW - The remote start is sporadic. Sometimes it starts, sometimes the horn honks. Any ideas??

Thanks!!

762mm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My assumption is that you have a vacuum leak somewhere, probably caused by the sudden acceleration / RPM boost and a hose popping off. This would explain sudden multiple cylinder misfires and air-fuel mix imbalance.

Check all the vacuum lines under the hood (hissing sounds, etc.) and reconnect if any are loose / disconnected. You can also check for leaks with smoke:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, as 762mm alluded to a P219B code is often accompanied by a vacuum leak. First things first check all the vacuum hoses under the hood and make sure nothing is cracked/disconnected. If you don’t find anything obvious the smoke test isn’t a bad idea....

OP
OP
J

Jeff T

Reaction score
Update: Had the codes cleared. About a thousand miles later only the oxygen sensor code has returned.

Headed to the dealer in the AM.

Grover6

Reaction score
that explains your remote start issue. I have had that before. The O2 sensor goes and it won't allow the remote start function. Just honks.