Center console for Capt Chairs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FlyBoyd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Might be a weird question, but I was thinking about creating a center console for the Capt Chairs in the 2nd row. Has anyone done this or used an aftermarket one that is suitable?

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
emendoza did one up, he pulled one out of a navi and made the brackets. I bought it off of him and its still in my storage closet. the only catch was the browns are just a hair different so ive been stalling on installing it. I'm prob gonna slap it in and see what it looks like this weekend if its not a good enough match (I suck at painting) then ill sell it to you.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I have a custom made subwoofer box that doubles as a center console. It has a forward firing 10" punch sub in it.

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FlyBoyd just keep in mind if going the route of swapping a Navigator console into the Expy you're gonna have to lose the arm rests on the captains chairs.
If you get one from a 07 -up Navigator with black interior it will match like OEM.
I thought about doing this too, but then I remembered why I got the captains chairs in the first place, so I wouldn't have to fold any seat to get into the 3rd row.

Matt

OP
OP
FlyBoyd

FlyBoyd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FlyBoyd just keep in mind if going the route of swapping a Navigator console into the Expy you're gonna have to lose the arm rests on the captains chairs.
If you get one from a 07 -up Navigator with black interior it will match like OEM.
I thought about doing this too, but then I remembered why I got the captains chairs in the first place, so I wouldn't have to fold any seat to get into the 3rd row.

Matt

Yeah I thought about that too, but it would be nice to have a center console for long trips with people in the back. I would want something that would be fairly easy to take in and out which is why I would want to make my own. I don't think I would do the Navi one if I have to get rid of the armrests.

It looks like I would be leaning toward one of my own. I do like the subwoofer idea though.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I found some pictures that I took a while back

I have some wood cup holders from a conversion van that I picked up at a junk yard for $5, but I never got around to refinishing and installing them.

IMAGE_062.jpg
[/IMG]

IMAGE_061.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited: