Check charging system warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dadamaja

Reaction score
Starting to get this warning every morning when I'm off to work it seems to go away when I step on the gas. He comes back but it doesn't if I take off and go a few feet. I'm wondering if my alternator is about to go, belt has good tension and it's almost time to get replaced but it looks good. Battery is about 2 and a half years old and they have a fair amount of corrosion on the posts.other than that it runs flawless. Anyone experienced this problem?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S®4

BIG GREEN FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your alternator has two ways of charging. High rpms and low rpms. You can clean the terminals Its going to be better for the battery
I'm positive its your alternator

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your alternator has two ways of charging. High rpms and low rpms. You can clean the terminals Its going to be better for the battery
I'm positive its your alternator

Does this mean that it doesn't charge at any other RPM's other than high or low

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what year is the expy and how many miles does it have? has the alternator ever been changed?

kindly update your signature with information on your expy year model engine can do this by going to the user CP section

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
dadamaja

three things to check
1st check the battery voltage with engine off and all doors closed and all lights off. post voltage

2nd check battery voltage with the engine running at idle and post voltage and RPM's

3rd run engine approx. 1500 to 2000 rpm and check battery voltage post results

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Based upon your description of your problem I would not assume your alternator is bad
without doing proper troubleshooting FIRST.

You state the there is a fair amount of corrosion on the posts, Clean the post and cable connectors with some baking soda and water then use a small wire brush to clean them.

Next check the battery voltage as I suggested above

Get back to the forum after you done the above.

If indeed you need a alternator now is a good time to check prices out and possibly order a replacement or repair parts

Last edited: