FORSCAN and "Charging System Service Soon"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turbotrevor

Reaction score
2019 XLT - 81k miles

I recently used FORSCAN (first time!) to remove Sirius/XM from the audio sources and to disable the Auto Off. Right after I finished these processes (which were successful), the "Charging System Service Soon" light came on. The timing was such that it seemed connected, but I'm not sure.

From my quick research, it seems like this would be independent of anything I did in FORSCAN. I tried doing the voltage checks with a multimeter on the battery (checks out) and alternator test (seems low - 13.6 volts or so) but I am not very experienced in this area and not confident in my processes.

I also cleared all codes with FORSCAN but that did not affect the Charging System notification (it might not even be possible with that process, I'm pretty new to this).

Any thoughts or suggestions on this? Do I need a new alternator? Do I need to go to the dealer to figure out what's happening with the "Charging System"?

Thanks!

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From my understanding they way forscan disables the auto start stop is by turning off something with the battery monitoring something or another.

There is a thread on this somewhere here.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2019 XLT - 81k miles

I recently used FORSCAN (first time!) to remove Sirius/XM from the audio sources and to disable the Auto Off. Right after I finished these processes (which were successful), the "Charging System Service Soon" light came on. The timing was such that it seemed connected, but I'm not sure.

From my quick research, it seems like this would be independent of anything I did in FORSCAN. I tried doing the voltage checks with a multimeter on the battery (checks out) and alternator test (seems low - 13.6 volts or so) but I am not very experienced in this area and not confident in my processes.

I also cleared all codes with FORSCAN but that did not affect the Charging System notification (it might not even be possible with that process, I'm pretty new to this).

Any thoughts or suggestions on this? Do I need a new alternator? Do I need to go to the dealer to figure out what's happening with the "Charging System"?

Thanks!
Believe this is the thread https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/auto-start-stop.50264/post-461462 @TheDoug referenced. Some good information and believe after reading you will want to change your AS/S back via Forscan and look at purchasing the Auto Stop Eliminator....

kingkase

Reaction score
2019 XLT - 81k miles

Thanks!
Hello TT, I just recently bought a 2021 Expedition Limited and I've been playing with FORScan myself. I found a new way to disable Auto Start/Stop that does NOT alter the Battery Management System. I found this in an F-150 forum and it worked on my Expedition too.
It works by convincing the Auto SS computer that you're turning and therefore does not autostop.
Instead of using the PSCM As Built I found the setting in our readable PSCM section.
You'll find a line for Start/Stop and enabled with Angle Inhibit, I changed this to disabled.
No Battery messages, and no Auto Start/Stop. Bingo!

...now if I can just figure out how to disable the foot kick tailgate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire