Check charging system warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its not charging when its idling

FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Pic 1 was taken with the engine off key on doors closed
Pic 2 was taken with the engine at idle 13.8 volts
pic 3 was also with the engine at idle 13,7 volts
pic 4 was taken at 1934 rpm's 13.6 volts

battery voltage with engine off key out was 12.7 volts

BIG GREEN FORD
so based on these picture when was the battery being charged or not being charged

Attachments

• #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 49
  • #2.jpg
    #2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 46
  • #3.jpg
    #3.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 42
  • #4.jpg
    #4.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
dadamaja

dadamaja

Reaction score
what year is the expy and how many miles does it have? has the alternator ever been changed?

kindly update your signature with information on your expy year model engine can do this by going to the user CP section

05 Eddie 5.4 148000 bought it in 2011 with 105000 from what I can tell everything is original, only things that I changed myself were the plugs and cops. I'm gong to try cleaning the posts off and check the voltage

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S®4

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its not charging when its idling

THEN HOW CAN YOU STATE THE ABOVE

FOR YOUR INFORMATION
• A functional charging system should produce between 13.5 and 14.5 or more volts while idling.
• A voltage of less than 13.5 means that your alternator isn't producing enough current to charge the battery.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
05 Eddie 5.4 148000 bought it in 2011 with 105000 from what I can tell everything is original, only things that I changed myself were the plugs and cops. I'm gong to try cleaning the posts off and check the voltage

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S®4

Kindly post those voltages then we can better determine if the alternator needs to be replaced. Rather than just an un-informed guess

Last edited:

BIG GREEN FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
then how can you state the above

for your information
• a functional charging system should produce between 13.5 and 14.5 or more volts while idling.
• a voltage of less than 13.5 means that your alternator isn't producing enough current to charge the battery.

for your information i know this!
Stop being a a$$ about everthing i say

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you know all of this then why did you say "Its not charging when its idling"

and then when you looked at the pics I posted you agree that all but the first pic showed charging

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry if you think I am being an a$$ but when someone gives false statements It only adds to the confusion to the original poster

You stated to the OP " I'm positive its your alternator" but how can you tell him that without troubleshooting the system.

IMHO the only good advice you gave him was to clean the battery terminals.
you need to go back to school and learn or improve your electrical troubleshooting skills or leave those question to those that are better informed than you are